Thursday 7 December 2017

Glittery AF Perfect Holiday Silver Smoky Eye & Deep Plum Lips




Morning Cupcakes!! Hope you are all wonderful today! So Here I am again as promised with another Holiday look for all of your Christmas/ Holiday party / goings on needs. Like with the Green Look of the other day this one took me out of my comfort zone a little to, but in the end I'm super glad it did! I don't usually wear darker purple toned lippies but this whole look was based around this Lip Color (I really wanted to push myself since I rarely use this tone of Lip Stick). Ok Cupcakes, without further ado let's jump right into talking about this look a brief over view of how this look was achieved.


As per the norm above is a photo of off the products used to create this Glittery Smoky Holiday Look (except the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Filler as I honestly forgot to grab it for the photo..).

Firstly I began by cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing my skin. A good canvas and makeup application begins with Skincare and making sure your skin is healthy and hydrated and free of dead skin cell build up. Once that is out of the way of course we begin with priming! For me I use what I have on hand at the moment which is the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser on any areas where I have texture (under eye, nose, sometimes forehead areas for me personally).

For Foundation Today I'm trying something new. I recently picked up a new Foundation in the Form of Maybelline FIT me! Matte and Poreless Foundation in shade Ivory. I will be doing a brief first impressions article on both this Foundation, as well as the New Nyx Cosmetics products I have been using for a few weeks soon so you know if maybe you would like it or not. I personally really enjoy this foundation myself and I will soon let you know exactly why :) I applied the Foundation all over the face, blending into the neck and hairline with a damp Beauty Blender. Even though this was a pretty good shade match for no testers in the store, and it being my first time using this Foundation you still need to focus on blending your Foundation out well. Creating a nice perfected skin base is one of the most important steps for everything else falling into place, so don't be afraid to spend a few extra seconds blending.

For Concealer and Finishing Powder I of course went with two other products I am testing out as first impressions - Nyx Hd Concealer in Fair (Under eyes, covering any redness or imperfections and blending out with the small side of your Beauty Blender. Make sure your edges are blended well!. I then used a large dense fluffy Makeup brush to tamp the Nyx #Nofilter Finishing Powder into any concealed areas, or areas that get oily looking over the course of the day (for me sides of the nose, under eyes, forehead, nose bridge), don't go too ham with the powder as you just want to set the liquid makeup and not make things look caked up.
Since I knew my Eye, and Lip looks were going to be the main bold focal point of this look I went very light on the Blush/ Contour/ Highlight. While there are no rules to Makeup, and you should do what makes you feel fierce, you should also work on developing an eye for balancing the soft and the bold in your looks for an optimal beauty look. I lightly went in with TooFaced Cosmetics Bronzer in Gingerbread, Kylie Cosmetics Blush in Barely Legal, and a Kylie Cosmetics Kylighter in Cotton Candy Cream.

Again since I wanted the boldness and the focal point to be the Eyes and Lips I didn't want to create too drastic of a brow. I wanted a nice feathered frame for the eyes without going full Instagram brows as that would have made the look unbalanced in my opinion so I just went in with the Nyx Micro Brow Pencil in Brunette to outline and fill in any sparse spaces in the brows. I used the spoolie brush generously to create the most natural filled brow that I could.


Moving into the Eye Look, I bet you Cupcakes know the first step by now right? That's right I picked up my Urban Decay Cosmetics Eye Primer Potion in Eden to create a nice light, even, tacky base for our shadow look. I also add some TooFaced Lip Injection Extreme Gloss to my lips at this point so they prep and plump up a bit and are ready for a Lip Color.

I used a variety of shades from 2 palettes and three individual shadow/ shadow topper shades for this look. First off I swept Ounce from the Urban Decay Cosmetics Naked Heat Palette all over the lid and up toward the brow bone. This shade is super close to my skin tone and is acting as that all over shade that helps with your blending later. Next I went into the crease with Chaser from the same palette just to start creating that depth in the crease that we like. I then took a shimmery black shadow from MAC called Black Tied. I used a small smudger brush to smudge a small amount of this shade on the lower lash line (just a third of the way in toward the inner corner of the lower lash line) and alone the outer three quarters of the upper lash line winging out past the natural top lash line creating that feline eye look without winged liner. I myself use the tape trick for looks like this, which I can show you later if you aren't familiar with that technique! For this palette the last thing I did was to take a bit of the dark plumy toned shade Ashes and blended it into my outer V and crease just to add some of that plum tone that will be featured on the lips in the Eye look for more color cohesion. I also used a bit of this color to smoke out the outer half of the lower lash line.
Changing palettes, I then dipped into the Urban Decay Cosmetics Full Spectrum Palette. I used the shade Delirious (a mid toned matte purple in the plum range) to add a bit more depth and blend out the darker colors a bit in the crease and outer V. This added a little warmth to an otherwise cool toned look which is important for it to be wearable on me and anyone else with a warm skin tone.
Cutting a bit of my crease was necessary in this look to really get those Silver colors to pop so I went in with a micro eye brush and my Nyx HD concealer to cut the inner half of my crease. Once the concealer dried down I first went in to the shade Bump which is a pure matte white and patted this shade all over the area that we just concealed. I then layered the shade Iced on top for the first bit of glitter to the look. I then whipped out my Urban Decay Moondust shade in Cosmic and an EM (Michelle Phan) Beauty Holo Glitter Eye topper in Fairy Glitter. I finished off the Eye look with Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Glam Rock as a glittery silver winged liner and went just over the top lash line with Kat Von D Beauty Tattoo Liner in Trooper. I also added a little of Urban Decays 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Yeyo on my bottom water line to brighten and open up the Eye. I then applied 2 coats of L'oreal Lash Paradise Mascara (I will also be doing a first impressions on this product soon!).



Now my last step was my Lip Color and although I love the color, and tones of this Lip Stick I can not recommend the product. I didn't know if I would love this shade on me so this Lip Color is just a $5.00 product from Ardene which is actually rather patchy and hard to work with and does not dry down even after hours which for me is not ideal. I would suggest picking up a better quality Liquid Lip product in this shade for sure. My favorite brands for Lip Products are Jeffree Star Cosmetics, Kat Von D Beauty, Tarte Cosmetics, and Anastasia Beverly Hills. They all make quality, long lasting Lip Products and have very inclusive color ranges which definitely include shades similar to this cheaper one.

All in all guys even though it's out of my comfort zone again I love this look! It's glittery AF and sultry with some poppin Berry colored lips. I am so glad I tried this look, and a new color for my lips. What do you think Cupcakes? Do you like Lip Products in this shade? What do you think of the look? Don't forget to like and leave a comment if you enjoy this look, and always feel free to follow me on my Social Media pages! Thanks for dropping in Today Cupcakes I hope to see you again next time!! Happy Holidays!!

XxJenn



2 comments:

  1. Wow, your post is very detailed. It feels like I am watching a Youtube blog. I think it would suit you to have one. :) What do you think about starting one?

    http://www.remakestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am glad you enjoyed the post! I have considered it actually and may start in the New Year! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete