Saturday 9 December 2017

Vibrant Blue Eyes & Nude Lips. Perfect for the Holidays!!




Good Morning Cupcakes! Thanks for joining me again for another Holiday Look. This is the fourth look that I have done so far in my Holiday Extravaganza series. Like with some of the other colors I have been experimenting with throughout the creation of these Holiday looks, blue is not a color I use very often for Eye Shadow. My eyes shift between blue and green and therefore don't pop as much with blue tones but I was surprised how well this came out. I'll discuss how I warmed it up a little and made it work for my skin tone below! So without further ado Cupcakes, let's get creating. Keep reading for how to re create this blue Holiday look! <3


 As I normally do, I have pictured above all of the products used for this look. Yes I did use four Eyeshadow palettes, but only because I don't own a palette that caters to mostly blue and cool tones so I had to cherry pick the ones I did have out of several other palettes I do own. I also threw in a few warm neutrals from the Urban Decay Cosmetics Naked Heat Palette to add a little warmth before I put down all that blue, we'll discuss that later no worries.

Of course for my face products I used the same products I have been using as I am doing first impressions on them and will post about those impressions when the bottles become empties. The products I used are Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Filler (wherever on my face has pores or texture) , Maybelline FIT Me Matte and Poreless Foundation in Ivory, Nyx HD Concealer in Fair (Under eyes, anywhere with redness or imperfections), and Nyx #Nofilter Finishing Powder (to set everywhere I applied concealer). I then used L'oreal makeup Extending spray (setting spray) to set my base face makeup.

Since I knew the Eyes were going to be the main pop and focus of this look I wanted to keep the Brows / cheek color / highlight more in the realm of natural rather than a heavy makeup look as I just don't personally like so much going on at once (bold brows, bold highlight, bold eye) It's for some people, just not for me. For my blush this time I reached for a super pale pink flush of color in the form of my Arbonne Ballet blush. This blush if very buildable and perfect for pale skin tones to add a nice natural rosey hue to the cheeks without looking too made up on us ghostly white chicks. I then used my Kylie Cosmetics Kylighter in Cotton Candy Cream. While this highlighter is rather pigmented, the formula is very fine, with no glitter chunks and blends into the skin in a very natural glowing way.

For Brows I used the Nyx Tame & Frame Brow Pomade in Espresso, again since I wanted this to fall into the not over done category while still being very colorful I chose not to first outline with pencil and then fill, but just to feather and set with a little pomade and a small flat angled brush.

Now Cupcakes for the main event, how did I create that eye look. Let's find out! :)






Firstly (after priming with the TooFaced Cosmetics Shadow Insurance Eye Primer) I was concerned about the blues being entirely too cool toned all by themselves to look right on me because of my eye color (matches doesn't clash to make them stand out) so I had a little idea to help with that. I started with a blending base, transition shade, and a shade run under my eyes from the super warm Urban Decay Cosmetics Naked Heat Palette. First I ran the shade Ounce over my whole eye lid and brow bone, and then swept some of both chaser, and he devil into my crease and under eye. Now yes most of these colors will be getting covered and used to blend but just having that little bit of warmth there to blend out into really improved the tone of things against my eyes and skin tone.


Next I went in with the Urban Decay Cosmetics John Michael Basquiat Tenant Palette. The first shade I went for in this palette is that Deep Royal Blue shade Untitled. I ran this color through the crease and outer V, blending up into those warm shades in the crease and brow bone ever so slightly. You don't want dark blue all the way up to the Brow Bone, but you do want some depth and contour to that area so blend well but with a small brush to avoid too much push around and unintentionally creating a smokier Eye than you wanted happening. I also ran a little bit of this shade on a small blender or smudger brush on the outer half of the lower lash line and smoked it out nicely. Next I dipped into the vibrant Turquoise / Teal shade called Boom and patted this all over the inner and middle portions of the lid and blended the shade Untitled into this color to marry them together nicely with no harsh lines.



I then decided I wanted to add a little glimmer to the the Turquoise color Boom. I then went into the Urban Decay Cosmetics Afterdark palette for the equally vibrant, but incredibly shimmery shade Fringe. I used my finger (you can also use a small flat brush but your finger works to pack on the shimmer quickly where you really want it. I popped this shade all over where I have placed Boom on the lid. This added a little pop of shine but I wasn't done there.




I also added a bit of Blue Sapphire from the Kat Von D Beauty Alchemist Holographic Palette to my inner corners and blending up into the other light blue colors on the lid and blending into the inner lower lash line ever so slightly. I then topped the whole shadow look with a light dusting of EM Beauty by Michelle Phan Holo Glitter Eye Topper in shade Fairy Glimmer. I then finished the whole Eye look off with a small controlled wing created with Kat Von D beauty Tattoo Liner in Trooper (black) and L'oreal Lash Paradise Mascara (2 coats).



For my lips I had been prepping them while doing the rest of the look with TooFaced Cosmetics Lip Injection Extreme Gloss. After I was done with the rest of my look i applied my favorite nude Lip Color in the form of Jeffree Stars Celebrity Skin to pull everything together. Again since I created such a bold eye look, I wanted that to be the main focal point so I figured a nice neutral lipstick would be best to achieve that look and I love it!!

Well there you have it Cupcakes!! Another super festive, perfect for the Holidays look! What do you guys think? Do you love or hate this one? Let me know below in the comments! Thanks for coming and checking out another look Cupcakes! I really appreciate your taking the time to hang out with me for a while and learn about these looks! I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial and keep coming back to check in on the rest of the Holiday Extravaganza looks I will be creating right up until New Years Eve! If there are any looks you would love to see created let me know in the comments and don't forget to like share and follow me to stay in the loop! Thanks for stopping by again Cupcakes. Much love and I'll catch you in the next post!

XxJenn











No comments:

Post a Comment