Monday 11 December 2017

Perfect Glittery Sugar Plum Fairy Inspried Holiday Makeup



Good Morning Cupcakes! I don't know what you woke up to today but I woke up to flurries and frost! Brrr!! It's ok though because it's beautiful outside so I'll let the coldness slide :P Anyway Today I have another fun Holiday look for you guys! This one comes out of the realm of traditional Holiday colors, but draws inspiration directly from one of the greatest Christmas Classics The Nutcracker! I love the Nutcracker, and as a child (haha who am I kidding even as an adult) I loved the ideal of all the pretty fairies in the Nutcracker Universe especially the Sugar Plum Fairy. This look is inspired by none other than the Sugar Plum Fairy herself! So keep reading and I'll go over how I created this non traditional, yet super fun and festive makeup!


Pictured above are all of the items used to create this look. Again I have used multiple Eye Shadow Palettes together to achieve this look but you could easily have just used the one Urban Spectrum Palette and get a super similar look. I just added some shades from the other palettes because I had them on hand and I wanted to add extra depth.

Like always I started by priming my clean, moisturized skin with Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. Apply this or whatever primer you choose to use to any areas where you have pores or fine lines that you would like to smooth out a little before your foundation goes on.

Next I went in with my Maybelline FIT Me! Matte and Poreless Foundation in Ivory and a damp beauty blender, making sure to blend the foundation well around all of the fine areas of the face and into the hairline and down the neck to avoid any uneven spots and any visible demarcation. Next to cover any imperfections and do some mild highlighting in my under eye area I went in with my Nyx HD concealer in Fair and blended out with the small end of my damp beauty blender. I applied the concealer in triangles under my eyes, along the sides of my nose where I get redness and on any blemishes. Finally I finished the base face makeup by setting my concealed areas with the Nyx #Nofilter Finishing Powder in Alabaster and setting with the L'oreal Infallible Makeup Extending Setting Spray.


For my blush and Highlight I wanted to stay with the shimmery and pink vibe to match the rest of the Sugar Plum Fairy look, so I reached for my Kylie Cosmetics Kylighter in Cotton Candy Cream, and my Kylie Cosmetics Blush in Barely Legal.

having finished my base face I then moved into framing the eye by filling in my eyebrows lightly using the Nyx Micro Brow Pencil in Brunette. Since this is a nice, light, glimmery look I wanted to avoid my brows being too strong and pulling the look from coming off too harsh in any one area. Now we can move on to the colorful parts!



The first Palette I began with after priming my lids with Urban Decay Cosmetics Eye Primer Potion in Eden is the Urban Decay Cosmetics Jean-Michel Basquiat Tenant Palette. I used the shades Studio and 1960 respectively in my crease, outer v and smoked out into my lower lash line. This will serve as my base to keep blending other colors into for this look. These shades are nice and smooth and matte so the other shadows will blend nicely into them as we go. I used the mid sized fluffy blending brush that came with this palette to apply and blend out these shades.



Next I picked up the Kat Von D Beauty Pastel Goth Palette. I used another fluffy blending brush to blend a mixture of the shades Meow and Dope into the crease. I didn't run this under the lash line as I wanted to keep the lower lash line mostly pink and focus the majority of the purple color to the crease of the eye helping to create a deeper contour of the eye shape. Once these colors were blended in nicely I moved on to the Urban Decay Cosmetics Full Spectrum Palette.



The first shade I dipped into in this palette was a mixture of Sketch and Delirious. I dipped into each pan lightly a few times with the same brush mixing them together on the brush and blending at the same time into the crease and outer V. These shades worked with the purple shade from the Kat Von D Pastel Goth Palette to give some nice depth and dimension to the eye shape while not coming off too dark for the rest of the eye look. I then took a clean fluffy blending brush and dipped lightly into the deepest pink shade Alchemy and ran this color along my entire lower lash line. I also applied this shade to the outer most portion of my eye lid and blended it into the darker purples in my outer V.

Since I wanted the inner half of the Eye Lid to be a shimmery pastel pink I first laid just a dot of concealer on the eyelid and blended out with my finger. Just making a nice light base on the inner half of the eyelid for that pastel pink glitter to show up well on. Once the concealer had completely dried down I picked up a flat shadow brush and dipped into the lightest pink shade in the Urban Decay Cosmetics Full Spectrum Palette which is called Paranoia. I patted this color all over the inner half of the lid and blended up into the crease lightly to avoid any harsh lines.



The final Eye Palette that I used was the Kat Von D Beauty Alchemist Holographic Palette. I used the shade Pink Opal in this palette as my inner corner highlight and I also applied a little of this shade over where I had placed the shade Paranoia just a moment ago to add a little extra lightness and brightness to the lid.

For Eyeliner I used one of the Nyx Vivid Brights liquid liners in a pink shade called Vivid Fire. I ran this all along the upper lash line and into a mid sized wing. I then used the Urban Decay Cosmetics Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in shade Distorition along the entirety of the top of the wing I just created with the Pink Nyx liner. I then just had to finish off my eyes by applying 2 coats of L'oreal Parish Lash Paradise Mascara in Blackest Black.



The last step that I did was to apply my Lipstick. For this look I wanted to keep it in the Pink tone family so I reached for A Kat Von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Lovecraft. I had applied TooFaced Cosmetics Lip Injection Extreme Gloss to my lips before I began my makeup so that my lips were nice and conditioned, and also slightly pumped for when I applied my lip color.


Well that's all Cupcakes! Every step that I underwent to create this look has been laid out for you. I hope that it inspires you to create a pretty sugary Holiday look of your own! I would love it if you would share your looks with me if you re create this look yourself! I hope you have enjoyed this post, and liked this Fun yet Non Traditional Holiday look. I am absolutely in love with it and I can tell right now I won't want to take this off at the end of the day!

I hope you all enjoyed this post and thank you very much for joining me again today for another Holiday look! I love having creating and sharing these looks with you! Don't forget to like, share, and comment if you enjoy what I do and Follow me on social media to stay in the loop! Links to my Social Media are in the side bar if you should want to follow me.
I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I hope that your Decembers are all going fantastically! I'll see you again in my next post with another banging Holiday look! Thanks again for reading Cupcakes!

Xx Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment